Delve beyond the sheep-dotted green landscapes to the cities and villages that span the country, all the way from Dublin to Belfast. Mingle with Dubli…
St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Glendalough, Kilkenny Castle, Waterford Crystal Factory, Cobh, Blarney Castle, Ring of Kerry, Cliffs of Moher, Kylemore Abbey…
On this guided tour, you’ll walk for about 1 hour daily across moderately uneven terrain, including paved roads and unpaved trails, with some hills an…
Board your overnight flight to Dublin today.
Welcome to Ireland! Gather with your Tour Director and fellow travelers at tonight’s welcome dinner.
Take a guided tour of Ireland’s charming capital city.
• Stop in Phoenix Park, site of the presidential residence, and then pass by the Guinness Storehouse
• Step inside the soaring St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Ireland’s largest church
• Pass St Stephen’s Green and admire the Georgian architecture of Merrion Square as you go
• See Trinity College and walk past the entrance of Grafton Street to the Molly Malone statue and the Temple Bar district
Spend a free afternoon in Dublin or add an excursion.
Named the third most beautiful in the world by National Geographic, the Italianate gardens of Powerscourt Estate rival even the immaculately manicured flowerbeds of Versailles. Spend time wandering through these sprawling grounds and exploring the Palladian-style country house that lies at the heart of the property. Once a 13th-century castle, this opulent home underwent extensive renovations in the 1700s to transform it into the grand hall it is today.5 hours and departs in the afternoonSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Leaving Dublin behind, travel a short distance southwest to County Kildare.
• Enter Wicklow Mountains National Park and make your way to the Glendalough Visitor Centre to learn about the historic site
• Explore the ancient monastery, passing by the Round Tower, stone churches, and decorated crosses
• Continue to Kilkenny, Ireland’s best-preserved medieval town
• Tour the imposing 12th-century Kilkenny Castle, overlooking the River Nore
• Pass by the Gothic St. Canice’s Cathedral, built in the 13th century
After, continue on to Waterford.
Your Tour Director introduces you to some of Waterford’s legendary sites.
• Visit the Waterford Crystal Factory to learn about its world-famous crystal
• Journey to the Rock of Cashel, an outcrop of limestone dominating Tipperary Plain
• View the ruins of the ancient seat of the kings of Munster, see Celtic carvings at Cormac’s Chapel, and explore St. Patrick’s Rock, a perfectly preserved round tower
On your way to County Kerry, get a feel for the many sides of Ireland, from small villages to vibrant cities and iconic castles.
• Stop in the fishing village of Cobh, which once served as a launch site for ships bound for North America
• Visit the Cobh Heritage Centre to hear tales of Irish emigration
• Climb to the top of Blarney Castle to kiss the famed Blarney Stone, which is said to grant the “gift of gab”
Tonight, head outside of Killarney and sit down to a hearty three-course dinner. After your meal, watch as talented musicians, singers, and prize-winning dancers put on a show filled with traditional Irish tunes and choreography.
Travel around the Ring of Kerry, a 112-mile coastal route that covers some of Ireland’s most spectacular scenery.
• Pass the pristine Lakes of Killarney
• Explore the picturesque villages that line the Ring of Kerry
• Stop for photos at Muckross Lake and Lough Leane in Killarney National Park
Set out for County Galway, stopping to explore County Clare along the way.
• Visit Bunratty Castle, a 15th-century tower house located in Bunratty Village
• Tour Bunratty Folk Park, which recreates Irish life at the turn of the century
After arriving in County Galway, enjoy a free evening or add an excursion.
Enjoy a feast fit for a king inside walls of a nearby castle. Sip from a goblet of mead and learn the castle's history before proceeding to the banquet hall, where you’ll enjoy a sumptuous, four-course dinner and an evening of live entertainment, including songs and stories.4 hours and departs in the evening, dinner includedSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Spend the day exploring some of Ireland’s most majestic landscapes.
• Journey along the coast to the famous Cliffs of Moher and admire the panoramic views from the top of the cliffs
• Travel to the Burren, an austere landscape known for its slate grey rock fields dotted by rare wildflowers
Immerse yourself in the postcard-perfect scenery of Connemara, where you’ll visit Kylemore Abbey and its gardens. Later, spend a free evening in the town of Sligo.
As you make your way through County Monaghan, stop to visit the town of Ballybay. You’ll have a free afternoon to explore the area at your leisure before continuing on to your hotel.
Journey to Belfast, the cultural heart of Northern Ireland, where you’ll get the local perspective of the city on a guided tour.
• Glimpse the copper-domed City Hall and the recently restored Grand Opera House
• Learn all about Belfast’s long history, from its origins in the Bronze Age and rise as an international seaport to its role in the conflict known as “The Troubles”
• Enter the Titanic Belfast Museum for a look at the vessel’s infamous history
Pay a visit to the rugged Giant’s Causeway, a series of naturally formed hexagonal basalt columns. The columns, which you can walk on, are 60 million years old and originated as volcanic lava.
Please note: We recommend packing rain gear.
Gather with your fellow group members and celebrate your trip at a farewell dinner this evening.
Transfer to the airport for your flight home.
Take a look inside the cultures that shaped Western civilization.View itinerary & pricing
Prices are per person based on double occupancy, before flights, and vary by departure date. Select your preferred departure date and departure city to view your tour price with flights and hotel transfers included. Changes or cancellation will result in a fee of up to the total tour price. Last-minute specials are not combinable with any other promotional discount. Promotional discounts not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included. Please contact the airline for more information. Some countries may require aircraft insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. Such countries can be found at grouptoursite.com/insecticide. To view Go Ahead's complete Terms & Conditions, visit grouptoursite.com/terms. The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. CST 2060043-20.Terms and conditions