Relive the Age of Discovery, when explorers brought treasures from around the world—now on glorious display in Portuguese palaces and Spanish cathedra…
Jerónimos Church, Chapel of Bones, Seville Cathedral, the Alhambra, Chaouen, Fes Medina, Djemaa el Fna market in Marrakech, Prado Museum
On this guided tour, you'll walk for at least 3.5 hours daily across moderately uneven terrain, including paved roads and cobblestone streets, with so…
Board your overnight flight to Lisbon today.
Welcome to Portugal! Meet your Tour Director and fellow travelers at a welcome dinner tonight.
Get to know the Portuguese capital on a tour with a local guide.
• Admire views of the city from Eduardo VII Park, then pass the Plaza del Marqués de Pombal and the Mouraria District
• Discover the city’s maritime heritage at the Monument to the Discoveries and Tower of Belém
• Enter Jerónimos Church, which was built to honor voyagers
• Walk through Chiado square to the Baixa district in the heart of the city
Enjoy a free afternoon in Lisbon or add an excursion.
The poet Lord Byron called UNESCO-listed Sintra the most beautiful town in the world. Today, Sintra is a popular weekend escape for Lisboetas, but it was once the playground of Portuguese royalty. Get a glimpse of royal life during a guided tour of the 19th-century, Romanticist Pena Palace. Take a bus and mini-train ride up to this story-book, mountaintop site, which boasts picturesque gardens and sweeping views of the Portuguese countryside. After your tour, you'll have free time to stroll through Sintra, viewing the town's colorful villas, small shops and impeccably manicured gardens. Then, enjoy beautiful coastal views of the Portuguese Riviera as you drive back to Lisbon.5.5 hours and departs in the afternoonSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Travel through the unspoiled countryside of Portugal, stopping in the UNESCO-listed city of Évora for a sightseeing tour with a local guide.
• View the Roman temple
• Visit the Church of St. Francis, known as "the Chapel of Bones”
Continue on to Seville, Spain and sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Uncover the beauty of Seville, the historic Andalusian capital, on a guided sightseeing tour.
• View the tiled pavilion of the Plaza de España
• Pass the whitewashed homes of Barrio de Santa Cruz
• Step inside the Gothic Seville Cathedral, the third largest church in the world
Enjoy a free afternoon in Seville or add an excursion.
Tonight, get a taste of old Seville during a live flamenco show. Flamenco is a unique and colorful Andalusian art form that combines guitar playing, singing, clapping, and dancing, and this excursion is sure to be one of the highlights of your Spanish journey. Sip an included drink as you watch the authentic performance, which allows expressive lyrics, moving instrumentals, and passionate dancing. After discovering why UNESCO has declared flamenco to be one of the Masterpieces of the Oral and Intangible Heritage of Humanity, enjoy free time to explore the vibrant Santa Cruz neighborhood.3 hours and departs in the eveningSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
On the way to Granada, stop in the town of Córdoba. There, explore the Mezquita, a UNESCO World Heritage site that was built in the eighth century as a mosque and then transformed into a cathedral during the Christian Reconquista of 1236.
Continue on to Granada and sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Discover Granada on a guided tour that includes the 14th-century Alhambra, the Moorish sultans’ last stronghold.
• Admire the blend of Western art and Islamic design
• Stroll through ornamented courtyards
Travel to Tarifa where you'll board a ferry to Tangier, Morocco.
Please note: Travelers may need to handle their own luggage on the ferry.
Sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Begin your day with a guided tour of Tangier, a city celebrated by Western writers like Paul Bowles and William Burroughs.
• Explore the stately French plaza and Boulevard Pasteur
• Traverse the maze-like passageways through the medina
On the road to Fes, stop in Chaouen, a hilltop town famous for its blue-painted buildings. Admire panoramic views of the city, then stroll through the streets to soak in Chaouen’s unique character.
Then, continue on to Fes and sit down for an included dinner this evening.
A local guide leads a tour of Fes, the spiritual and cultural center of Moroccan life.
• See the ornate brass doors of the Royal Palace and visit the Mellah Jewish Quarter
• View the Bab Bou Jeloud, a blue-tiled gate that exemplifies the Moorish architectural style
• Attend a ceramics demonstration, where you’ll learn how the intricate and colorful art pieces are created
• Explore the UNESCO-listed old Medina on a walking tour through the colorful souks and tanneries
• Visit the Mausoleum of Moulay Idriss and a madrassa, a type of local school focused on both secular and religious studies
Later, enjoy a free evening in Fes or add an excursion.
Head to a local restaurant in Fes for an evening of traditional entertainment. Enjoy a dinner of regional specialties like shish kebabs and pastilla, an elaborate meat-filled pastry that’s known as Fes’s signature dish. Afterward, sit back and take in a traditional Moroccan show including musicians, belly dancers, and more.3.5 hours and departs in the evening with dinnerSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Travel to Rabat and tour Morocco’s capital city with a local guide.
• Explore the Roman ruins at Chellah Gardens
• Tour the white and green Mausoleum of Mohammed V, which houses the tombs of the 20th-century king and his two sons
• View Hassan Tower, intended to be the world’s largest mosque until construction halted in 1199
• Make a photo stop at the Royal Palace
• Walk through the Kasbah des Oudaias to see the Andalusian gardens
Then, continue on to Casablanca and head to a local restaurant for an included dinner.
Discover the highlights of seaside Casablanca, a city with a modern-day legend that was established by Old Hollywood, with a local guide.
• Pass by Casablanca’s ancient medina, the bustling heart of the city
• Enter the Hassan II Mosque, the largest in Morocco
• Pass through the fashionable La Corniche waterfront area
Then, continue on to Marrakech and sit down for an included dinner this evening.
Get a feel for Marrakech, located to the north of the foothills of the Atlas Mountains, on a guided tour.
• Pass through the sophisticated Gueliz district
• Marvel at the massive Koutoubia Mosque, which features a minaret that reaches nearly 200 feet high and dominates the city’s skyline
• Enter the UNESCO-listed Medina of Marrakech to see the Bahia Palace
• Step inside the evocative Saadian Tombs, the mausoleum for the 16th-century ruling princes
• Walk through on of the city’s vibrant souk's to see the many products being sold by the local vendors
• Visit the Djemaa el-Fna, a festive open-air market where musicians, snake charmers, and clowns perform during the evenings
Enjoy a free evening in Marrakech or add an excursion.
Experience a taste of Moroccan life on tonight’s excursion. First, set out to enjoy a sunset camel ride in a lush desert oasis. Nicknamed “ships of the desert,” camels have been a traditional mode of transport for centuries. You’ll learn about this history as you follow your guide through the palm grove, stopping to admire the stunning sunset. Then, you’ll visit a local family to share mint tea and pastries in their home, learning about the indigenous Berbers. Afterward, head to a nearby restaurant to enjoy a family-style meal with your group. You’ll enjoy a glass of wine as you’re served regional specialties such as chicken or lamb tagine, a North African stew cooked in an earthenware pot.5 hours and departs in the evening with dinnerSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Fly to Madrid this afternoon and enjoy free time to explore the city.
Explore the Spanish capital’s beautiful architecture, lively squares, and grand boulevards on today’s guided sightseeing tour.
• Make a photo stop at the Royal Palace and pass by the Temple of Debod
• Pass the city’s many squares, including Plaza de España and Plaza Mayor
• Explore the Prado Museum, home to the works of Goya, Velásquez, and more
Celebrate your trip with your group at a farewell dinner tonight.
Transfer to the airport to board your flight home or continue on in Barcelona.
Linger in the Spanish capital then discover Barcelona's twisting Gothic quarter, the whimsical creations of Antoni Gaudí, and the Modernist, egalitarian beauty of the Eixample district—this city's architectural eye candy has no equal. Its music, theater, art, gastronomy, fashion, and architecture set the pace for European chic, and its nightlife will have you dancing 'til dawn.
Spend a free day in Madrid or add an excursion.
Discover Toledo, the cliff-top city often referred to as La Ciudad Imperial (“The Imperial City”). Upon arrival, you’ll have some free time to explore. Later in the afternoon, your guided tour begins at Toledo Cathedral, a massive, Gothic structure that houses 750 medieval stained glass windows and a treasure trove of golden artifacts. Gaze upon the cathedral’s sacristy, containing masterpieces by the likes of van Dyck, El Greco, Rubens, and Titian. After exploring the labyrinth of medieval alleyways at the heart of the city, you’ll visit the Church of Santo Tomé and one of Europe’s oldest synagogues, Santa María la Blanca. Please note: This tour involves some walking over uneven terrain. Also, depending on the day of the week, the sites visited are subject to change. If the Synagogue of Santa María la Blanca is closed, you’ll visit the Synagogue of El Tránsito instead.8 hours and departure time variesSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 3 days before your tour departs.
Take the high-speed train to Barcelona and spend free time in the city or add an excursion.
On today’s excursion, discover the magnificent works of Antoni Gaudí, the famed Spanish architect known for his bold, distinct designs. Casa Milà is the first stop. Take a guided tour of this building, popularly known as “La Pedrera,” which was built by Gaudí between 1905 and 1910. Everything about the building is visually unique, from the wave-like stone structure and grandly designed roof to the apartment that reflects the style of the 20th-century bourgeois. Next, you’ll head to Park Güell, also designed by Gaudí. Your guide will lead you through the park, which contains stunning buildings, intricate stonework, and colorful mosaics. At the top of the park, marvel at the brilliant views of Barcelona.4 hours and departure time variesSave $10 when you book this excursion up to 20 days before your tour departs.
Discover why the Catalan capital is touted for its unparalleled architectural landmarks, many of which are UNESCO World Heritage sites. • Step inside La Sagrada Família, Gaudí’s famous masterwork-in-progress • Drive along Passeig de Gràcia, past Gaudí’s “House of Bones” • Stop at Montjuïc, where the 1992 Olympic Games took place, and stroll through Mirador de l’Alcalde Park • Pass Plaça d’Espanya and the soaring monument to Christopher Columbus This evening, enjoy a farewell drink as you celebrate your trip with your fellow group members.
Transfer to the airport to board your flight home.
Ireland’s green landscapes, welcoming cities, and rich culture await.View itinerary & pricing
Prices are per person based on double occupancy, before flights, and vary by departure date. Select your preferred departure date and departure city to view your tour price with flights and hotel transfers included. Changes or cancellation will result in a fee of up to the total tour price. Last-minute specials are not combinable with any other promotional discount. Promotional discounts not combinable with any other promotional offer, including Group Coordinator and Group Benefit programs. Applicable airline baggage fees are not included. Please contact the airline for more information. Some countries may require aircraft insecticide treatment for inbound foreign flights. Such countries can be found at grouptoursite.com/insecticide. To view Go Ahead's complete Terms & Conditions, visit grouptoursite.com/terms. The tour operator for your trip is EF Education First International Ltd. CST 2060043-20.Terms and conditions